IICD-Indian Institute of Crafts and Design
Indian Institute of Craft and Design (IICD) is a unique institution that is synergizing traditional knowledge and skills with contemporary needs to evolve methodologies that are relevant to modern India. Conceived as a nodal centre for excellence in Craft and Design it has programs in Education, Training & Outreach, Research and Documentation and Advisory & Consultancy services.
- IICD was first registered as Institute of Crafts, Jaipur on 20th April 1995 by the Registrar Societies, Rajasthan, Jaipur under Rajasthan Societies Registration Act 1958.
- On 27th April 1998 its name was changed as Indian Institute of Crafts and Design, Rajasthan, Jaipur under section 12 of the said Act.
- The first batch of Post Graduate Students started in 1999 along with a Girls’ Hostel at Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur.
- The foundation of a new building was laid on 9th November 2001 and inauguration of the new building along with the Girls Hostel took place on 30th October 2002. The first convocation was held in 2003 for the post graduate students.
- The First floor of the present building was built in 2004, while second floor of the administrative building along with first floor of the Girls Hostel was built in 2006.
- The UG courses were initiated in 2005.